Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Oh thats just the sound of my skin sizzling.....

I will try to make this somewhat breif. But basically I am currently in the middle of the best 2 weeks of my life. Vacationing up the coast of Australia, best idea ever. So since last post we went on a day tour on Fraser Island, in the rain forest and such- yea rain forest on island made completely of sand. It was beautiful especially swimming in the fresh water lake- fresh enough to feel bathed once out- like can open your eyes under water without burning fresh. That night we took a 12 hour bus to Airley Beach which I enjoyed. Airley is another beach town which I liked better than Hervey. There isn't really a beach but the feel is there. First day we bummed out on the lagoon- the sun was there to finally keep us company. And off sailing the next day. RAINING !!!!!! It was raining the first day sailing. No worries. It was amazing. Rain caots over bikinis on a sail boat with rain pooring viciously on us- hail at one point- while the boat rocked dangerously on the water. Amazing. Unbelievable. So much fun. The crew was a blast, and the food was great. We went snorkeling once the rain calmed a bit. And by bed time it was nice enough out for us to just chat (there were a total of 20 people) and enjoy the sound of the water under the stars. The wearther was not too great the next day but no one cared it was all fun. We went for a hike and a swim on a gorgeous beach- white sand blue water- - btw I CAN SWIM ... thanks to Kelseys brief swimming lesson. And of course the skies eventually cleared and the sun must have been some kind of angry because we came off the boat burnt to a crisp. Im actaully approaching the point where I am worried for my health ... my body is a little over cooked. May have to stay away from the sun for a bit. Any how, that night we went out for some drinks. Hung out with the people who were on the boat and had an amazing time. We had no choice but to stay up because we had to catch a 2am bus up to Townsville. The bar was hosting games- one a relay race- I'll just say my "gazzele" like hops on tables won my crew heaps of free drinks as well as my limbo skills. What a great night. We made the 2 am bus and caught the ferry in townsville to magnetic island. Which is where I am now. Our backpackers is on the beach which is lovely. We had an early brekky overlooking the waves. How can this vacation get any better ??!!!!

1 comment:

  1. OMG!! You went to Maggie Island!!!!!! I went there for a full moon party once, which was pretty fun! It was at the backpackers place I was telling you about before-- Base or something. I didn't know you were going to Townsville. You must go to flinders st.. Lots of fun bars.. my favorites were the Exchange (live band-pool tables), Mad Cow, and the consortium. The latter to are best for dancing. I AM SOOOOO HAPPY you are having a good time! Like, near tears to hear you are having so much fun!!! Love you boo--
    Jason

    ReplyDelete