Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Bipolar Weather Jujubee God

I need to discuss the weather. Yes the weather. The mother nature/ weather Jujubee God or whatever/ whoever is in charge of the weather in Melbourne is suffering from Bipolar Disorder. Yesterday I left my apartment over dressed. The sun was shining, it was warm out, a lovely day. One of those days that gets you all excited for summer. I went home after my lecture. Two hours later I stepped out to have some coffee at a lovely location two blocks from home- I thought to myself- let me wear something nice- the weather is nice so why not. Nice indeed- cute boots, skirt, nice top and a matching scarf. But when I go out of course- it is now cloudy- Not so fun. After coffee- extremely windy. And when it is windy here, the wind can literally push you enough for you to be forced to walk at uncontrollable fast pace. And of course, once I am in my room, the sun decides to peak its head out and say hello. But hides when I leave for my second lecture. Oh and it gets worse. As I am sitting in class I hear..... RAIN. It was raining ... roos and koalas (yea I know I'm corny). I thought the weather can't make up its mind, it'll be over once I have to walk back home. But no. My friend and I are making our way home after class, walking in the rain- looking pathetic with no umbrella. And then it starts coming down HARD. Enough for us to run and scream. And it hurt... yes it hurt BC IT WAS HAIL. Mother nature was clearly having a spazz attack because she was throwing ice cubes at us !!!!!! The rain continued after the hail. But did not stop until after we ran to the village splashing in kiddy pool sized puddles. And this is typical of Melbourne weather. You would think watching the news would help. But NO... I especially hate it when I see sun and decide to step out for a run. And as I am leaving the Village, pumped for a sunny run the sun decides to creep behind the clouds.
Don't worry this confused weather doesn't bother me too much. I have gotten use to it by now. But this vent was necessary- I mean REALLY ?? HAIL ??

Hopefully its nice this weekend .... IN SYDNEY !!!!! Leaving tomorrow afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment